Thursday 27 June 2013

Suspected Kidnapper Narrates How He Escaped From Prison


How I Escaped From Prison —Re-Arrested Suspect

A suspected kidnapper who is also a former militant leader has revealed how he escaped from Oko Prison.
The 43 years old Daniel Silva was charged for allegedly kidnapping a businesswoman. He escaped from the prison he had been remanded.
The man, a native of Ekenwan village in Benin City, the Edo State capital, south-south Nigeria was however promptly re-arrested by security agents.
The suspect spoke at a Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) facility at the Edo State Police Command where he is being held.
“I was a former militant leader in Benin City, and we surrendered our guns and ammunition to the Federal Government during the amnesty programme,” said Silva.
“After that, I was placed on a monthly salary of N65, 000. When this was not enough, I kidnapped a business woman in Benin City so as to get some cash.

“After arrangements were made by the family of the business woman to pay the N3 million ransom I demanded, they alerted the police and I was arrested and charged to court and ordered to be remanded in prison.
“While in prison I planned with my militant men through phone calls and eight of them stormed the prison and used dynamite to blow up part of the prison. This enabled me and other inmates to escape.

“I was later re-arrested by operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad attached to the Edo State Police Command.”
According to the Edo State Commissioner of Police, Mr Folusho Ayodeji Adebanjo, the suspect had been on the wanted list of the police.
“He used a fake name, Godwin Renary, to mask his identity. But that did not stop my men who were on his trail after he escaped from jail from tracking him down,” Mr Folusho Ayodeji Adebanjo said.
“The case has again been charged to Magistrate’s Court 8, Benin City, where he was also ordered to be remanded again at Oko Prison, Benin City.”

No comments:

Post a Comment